PRODUCT SAFETY AND CERTIFICATION
SAFETY IS AT THE HEART OF OUR PRODUCTS
At FLEXA, we understand that as a parent there is nothing more important than your child and their safety – and that is why safety is at the heart of all our products; both in terms of design and choice of materials. We know children are curious by nature and we want to encourage children to explore, play and be active, as this is essential in the development of their fine motor skills and coordination, but also their intellect and social skills.
All FLEXA products are designed to create a safe and stimulating environment, which adapts, grows and transforms to meet children’s ongoing developmental needs. FLEXA products adhere to all relevant/required safety standards, which means that as a parent you can be sure that providing your child with a FLEXA product is both safe and stimulating.
All products are certified to relevant international standards. Our product development team and associated experts have many years of experience developing safe products for children. Throughout the development of a product, safety is at the heart of the process, and products are continuously tested internally. Before products are marketed, all formal requirements are tested by approved external test institutes.
Official requirements are a must, but at FLEXA, we often go beyond these requirements to add further safety design into our products, such as:
• The anti-slip function on steps and integrated handles on FLEXA ladders provide extra safe climbing
• FLEXA furniture has soft rounded corners to protect your child
• The slides on our beds provide a soft and safe landing
• A soft-close function in drawers and cupboards keep your child’s little fingers safe
Our beds are officially tested at TÜV in Germany:
• Europe/International - All beds with a sleeping height above 60 cm are tested according to DIN EN747-1 – the world’s strictest safety standard defined by the European Committee for Standardization (CEN). The formal requirements include everything from stability and strength of material, size of openings, rounding, chemical reports etc – see more details about the test of beds here.
• China - Our furniture is also tested according to the specific GB standards in China.
SAFETY IN THE DESIGN OF OUR PRODUCTS
Our Toys are tested according to the strictest standards in Europe, China and the United States.
The products can be used by children above the age of 3 years. The external tests verify that FLEXA products comply with regulations for strength, dimensions and chemicals.
See more details about the test of Toys here >
OEKO-TEX® Certified Textiles and Mattresses
When you tuck your child in for the night, you want to be sure that they are not exposed to chemicals and other harmful substances. When you choose the FLEXA OEKO-TEX®-labelled textiles for your child, you can rest assured that your child will grow up in a healthy environment. All FLEXA textiles are OEKO-TEX® certified. The “Confidence in Textiles” label certifies that our textiles have been tested for harmful substances according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®. OEKO-TEX® guarantees that FLEXA textiles contain no undesirable and harmful substances.
See certification and more information about OEKO-TEX here >
WOOD BASED MATERIALS
• Our solid woods are sourced mainly in Northern Europe, close to our production. Due to the colder climate, the timber grows slowly and provides a stronger fiber structure, which makes for strong wood and durable and beautiful end products.
• Our Wood Composite materials such as MDF is Emission Class 1 MDF boards - sourced in European factories that all comply with the strictest certifications for emission (CARB II low emission certification).
• To preserve our nature, environment and climate, FLEXA use only FSC™ and PEFC™ certified wood.
• FSC™ and PEFC™ Chain of Custody certification are schemes that offer assurance that our wood can be traced back to a sustainable forest and that our production processes applied to create finished furniture are implemented with due respect for the environmental, economic and social standards.
Read more about it here >
• For all wood products we use eco-friendly lacquer, free from solvents and toxic colourants. Chemical testing is also part of the mandatory safety tests performed by an external auditor