RESPONSIBILITY AND RESPECT
WE RESPECT THE RESOURCES WE USE
While we have the children and their safety at heart in everything we do, we also have two other fundamental values; responsibility and respect.
At FLEXA, we believe everyone has a common responsibility for the future generations. We have no doubt that our planet is under increasing pressure, why is why we continuously work on reducing the environmental impact of our products. We have to respect the resources we use.
Likewise, we believe everyone is equal and should be treated with the same respect. Our business has a global footprint either through the manufacturing process or when our products are sold (sold in more than 50 countries). We have a responsibility to ensure this is done with respect for basic human rights and without corruption.
WE GROW TOGETHER
Many of our products can be transformed as the child grows, thus catering for the child’s changing needs for many years. We also know that FLEXA beds are passed from generation to generation; the timeless design and durability of our products enable this reuse without compromising safety or style.
• Our solid woods are sourced mainly in Northern Europe, close to our production. Due to the colder climate, the timber grows slowly and provides a stronger fiber structure, which makes for strong wood and durable and beautiful end products.
• Our Wood Composite materials such as MDF is Emission Class 1 MDF boards.
• Sourced in European factories that all comply with the strictest certifications for emission (CARB II low emission certification).
• To preserve our nature, environment and climate FLEXA use only FSC™ and PEFC™ certified wood.
• FSC™ and PEFC™ Chain of Custody certification are schemes that offer assurance that our wood can be traced back to a sustainable forest and that our production processes applied to create finished furniture are implemented with due respect for environmental, economic and social standards.
Read more about it here >
Environment & Climate
• FLEXA’s production plants in Estonia are ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified, which implies a specific and structured management approach to environmental issues. The plants have also implemented control systems that work towards compliance with requirements on active substances in accessible components, and independent third-party tests are being run.
• The plants also work with specialised equipment, which is optimised to ensure a high utilisation of the raw material – mainly wood. It is not possible to utilise the wood 100%, but any waste – wood shavings, sawdust etc. - is recycled and used to produce wood pellets for heating. The pellets have a long combustion and are free from additives and lacquer, which makes them an environmentally friendly and CO2-neutral alternative to less environmental friendly energy sources.
• For wooden products we use eco-friendly lacquer, which is free from solvents and toxic colourants. Chemical testing is also part of the mandatory safety tests performed by external auditor
• Our textiles and mattresses are OEKO-TEX® certified, which means you have be sure they do not contain any undesirable and harmful substances – see certification and more information about OEKO-TEX® here